Tuesday, June 7, 2005

Tuesday Keynote - Bill Buxton


Traffic was not as bad as I thougt it would be getting in from the 'burbs to downtown Toronto (I never do this at rush hour) so I actually made it to Bill Buxton's keynote talk. Very interesting to listen to, but hard to explain to someone who was not there. Perhaps I had not had enough coffee. A few key and interesting points I did retain:
 He is a student of the work of Kranzberg
 We all need to understand the larger impact of introducing new technology
 Good ideas are everywhere, implementing them takes as much or more creativity and hard work
 By definition information informs
 Recommends the "Historical Atlas of Canada" as a present for a parent, then you can inherit it later
 Need to move information and technology to a human centric perspective

No comments:

Post a Comment